Monday, June 10, 2013

Gratitude Art for the week of June 2nd

This time, instead of using a stamp, I wrote out the scripture in Italic Calligraphy using a 3.8 size Parallel Pen with Green Ink, and I outlined it with a Micron 03 Black Pen. I was trying to make the lettering stand out a bit by outlining with the Black, but it also made it look somewhat "stubby". I'll know better next time.

What I'm thankful for:  Answered prayer, our home, God's protection, family, my dog, education and music.

3 comments:

  1. looks perfect to me!
    Hope you are doing well!
    I am feeling a little better everyday with this bug.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,

    Thank you for always being so faithful to leave a comment on my blog. I am grateful for you! Maude bought the papers for the Birdsong Book almost a year ago. We have just been waiting for the opportunity to do this project. She lives in Kailua, Hawaii and I live in Spokane, Washington so we don't get a chance to be together very often. My husband and I went to Hawaii this week for our oldest Granddaughter's high school graduation and so Maude and I were able to have two days to craft together. I will keep my birdsong book as it is now my prototype for this this new type of book. The hinge system is taken after one designed by Laura Denison and uses black paper with the dimensions, 2 inches, 1/2, 1/2, 1/4 inch for every page used and then 2 inches again at the back to attach to the covers.
    And the pages are all made out of the Celebration Paper bags.
    I was sorry to hear on your blog that you have not been feeling well. Sending you all the Lord's blessings today. Love, Jan K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, one of my favorite verses, and the source of my blog's name!

    ReplyDelete